Disclaimer : This website is not in any way associated with NCERT / CBSE

Pages

5 May 2020

NCERT WORDS AND EXPRESSION 1 CLASS - IX SOLUTIONS - UNIT -3

NCERT WORDS AND EXPRESSION 1 CLASS - IX SOLUTIONS - UNIT - 3 








1. Fill in the blanks with appropriate words.

a. saw

b. watch 

c. view

d.observe

e. looked at 

f. catch ........... glimpse

2. Use appropriate words

a) glanced 

b) peeping

c) watched 

d) gaze

e) observed 

f) see

g) stared

3.Consult a dictionary and find out the meaning.

a) little while - short time 

b) little car - small in size 

c) a little help - small amount of 

d) little doubt - to emphasis how small an mount is 









1. Underline the reporting verb 

i)  agreed 
    cautioned 
    advised 

ii) reminded 
     insisted 
     agreed

iii) recommended
      advised 
      warned

 iv) wished
       reminded 

2. Choose the correct reporting verb.

i) advised 

ii) informed 

iii) offered 

iv) apologised

vi) confirmed

vii) refused

viii) suggested 
                                                                               






1. Use capital letters, full-stops , commas and inverted commas wherever necessary in the following paragraph.

    My little 10 years daughter, Sarah, was born with a
muscle missing in her foot and wears a brace all the time.
She came home jumping up and down one beautiful spring
day to tell me that she had competed in “field day”- that’s
where they have lots of races and other competitive events.
      Because of her leg support, my mind raced as I tried to
think of encouragement for my Sarah.  I wanted to tell some
hard facts of life not letting this to get her down. But, before
I could get my word out, she said, "Daddy, I won two of the
races!" I couldn’t believe that!  And then Sarah came out with
a declaration,"I had an advantage."
     Ah, I knew it.thought she must have been given a
head start, some kind of physical advantage. But again,
before I could say anything, she said, " Daddy,I didn’t get a 
head start... my advantage was that I didn’t give in ,  I had to
try harder!"
That’s my Sarah.
( Courtesy : A Lesson in Heart by Stan Frager )

Rearrange each of words to make sentences . Use appropriate punctuation marks. 

a) George Abraham , a resident of a Noida near Delhi, is visually impaired.


b) It provides confidence and competitive spirit and infuses discipline among the participants.

c) The brain behind the World Cup Cricket , he has helped the disable to dream.

d) It was a chance visit to the blind school in Delhi that changed his life.


8 comments:

  1. Give words and expressions 1 class 9 book unit 3 reading comprehension skill (Text 1 and 2),Listening skill , Speaking skill, Writing Skill and project solutions now itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pls give the solutions for words and expressions - unit 4 & 5

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please provide other solutions of unit-3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the help i have english exam today

    ReplyDelete